Garrett County MD Information
Garrett County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||30,063 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||29,537 (98.3%) |
|Population in Families ||24,446 (81.3%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||526 ( 1.7%) |
|Population Density ||47 |
|Diversity Index2 ||9 |
|Median Household Income ||$48,244 |
|Average Household Income ||$72,730 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 16% |
|Per Capita Income ||$29,159 |
|Wealth Index5 || 83 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||19,860 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||9,353 (47.1%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||2,691 (13.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||7,816 (39.4%) |
|Median Home Value ||$186,982 |
|Average Home Value ||$263,659 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||143 |
|Total Households ||12,044 |
|Average Household Size ||2.45 |
|Family Households ||8,316 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.01% ||-0.39% |
|Households ||-0.01% ||-0.39% |
|Families ||-0.14% ||-0.48% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.94% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.17% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.31% |
Garrett County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Garrett County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 22 ||13th |
|Population Density ||# 24 ||4th |
|Median Household Income ||# 22 ||13th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 11 ||46th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 19 ||25th |
|Diversity Index ||# 24 ||4th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.