Harford County MD Information
Harford County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||261,763 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||259,020 (99.0%) |
|Population in Families ||220,923 (84.4%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||2,743 ( 1.0%) |
|Population Density ||599 |
|Diversity Index2 ||44 |
|Median Household Income ||$88,666 |
|Average Household Income ||$111,000 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$41,100 |
|Wealth Index5 ||141 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||102,739 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||76,771 (74.7%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||19,979 (19.4%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,989 ( 5.8%) |
|Median Home Value ||$313,466 |
|Average Home Value ||$341,111 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||151 |
|Total Households ||96,750 |
|Average Household Size ||2.68 |
|Family Households ||70,336 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.65% ||0.54% |
|Households ||0.68% ||0.56% |
|Families ||0.57% ||0.47% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.15% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.72% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.66% |
Harford County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Harford County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 8 ||71st |
|Population Density ||# 7 ||75th |
|Median Household Income ||# 10 ||63rd |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 16 ||67th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 10 ||63rd |
|Diversity Index ||# 14 ||46th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.