Allegany County MD Information
Allegany County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||71,925 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||64,328 (89.4%) |
|Population in Families ||48,756 (67.8%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||7,597 (10.6%) |
|Population Density ||170 |
|Diversity Index2 ||26 |
|Median Household Income ||$42,235 |
|Average Household Income ||$58,928 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 13% |
|Per Capita Income ||$23,177 |
|Wealth Index5 || 57 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||33,311 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||18,733 (56.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||9,265 (27.8%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,313 (15.9%) |
|Median Home Value ||$133,555 |
|Average Home Value ||$171,943 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||163 |
|Total Households ||27,998 |
|Average Household Size ||2.3 |
|Family Households ||16,952 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.42% ||-0.67% |
|Households ||-0.4% ||-0.74% |
|Families ||-0.56% ||-0.85% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.8% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.48% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.61% |
Allegany County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Allegany County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 16 ||38th |
|Population Density ||# 16 ||38th |
|Median Household Income ||# 23 ||8th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 22 ||92nd |
|Per Capita Income ||# 23 ||8th |
|Diversity Index ||# 22 ||13th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.