Baltimore (city) County MD Information
Baltimore (city) County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||609,422 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||583,368 (95.7%) |
|Population in Families ||408,021 (67.0%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||26,054 ( 4.3%) |
|Population Density ||7,529 |
|Diversity Index2 ||58 |
|Median Household Income ||$51,981 |
|Average Household Income ||$78,175 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$31,784 |
|Wealth Index5 || 71 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||296,685 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||118,670 (40.0%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||127,456 (43.0%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||50,559 (17.0%) |
|Median Home Value ||$172,253 |
|Average Home Value ||$231,924 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||143 |
|Total Households ||246,126 |
|Average Household Size ||2.37 |
|Family Households ||129,444 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.18% ||-0.34% |
|Households ||-0.15% ||-0.32% |
|Families ||-0.34% ||-0.46% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.87% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.94% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.53% |
Baltimore (city) County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Baltimore (city) County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 4 ||88th |
|Population Density ||# 1 ||100th |
|Median Household Income ||# 21 ||17th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 13 ||54th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 17 ||33rd |
|Diversity Index ||# 7 ||75th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.