Calvert County MD Information
Calvert County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||95,955 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||95,305 (99.3%) |
|Population in Families ||82,493 (86.0%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||650 ( 0.7%) |
|Population Density ||450 |
|Diversity Index2 ||40 |
|Median Household Income ||$112,034 |
|Average Household Income ||$138,838 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$48,442 |
|Wealth Index5 ||199 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||36,889 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||28,833 (78.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||4,637 (12.6%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||3,419 ( 9.3%) |
|Median Home Value ||$368,889 |
|Average Home Value ||$413,322 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||166 |
|Total Households ||33,470 |
|Average Household Size ||2.85 |
|Family Households ||25,472 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.77% ||0.67% |
|Households ||0.79% ||0.69% |
|Families ||0.69% ||0.62% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.91% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.64% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.74% |
Calvert County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Calvert County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 15 ||42nd |
|Population Density ||# 8 ||71st |
|Median Household Income ||# 2 ||96th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 23 ||96th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 3 ||92nd |
|Diversity Index ||# 18 ||29th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.