Caroline County MD Information
Caroline County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||34,779 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||34,337 (98.7%) |
|Population in Families ||28,362 (81.5%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||442 ( 1.3%) |
|Population Density ||109 |
|Diversity Index2 ||48 |
|Median Household Income ||$56,377 |
|Average Household Income ||$78,282 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 16% |
|Per Capita Income ||$28,861 |
|Wealth Index5 || 81 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||14,201 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||8,699 (61.3%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||4,116 (29.0%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||1,386 ( 9.8%) |
|Median Home Value ||$215,070 |
|Average Home Value ||$255,725 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||140 |
|Total Households ||12,815 |
|Average Household Size ||2.68 |
|Family Households ||9,063 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.49% ||0.35% |
|Households ||0.51% ||0.36% |
|Families ||0.4% ||0.28% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.02% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.12% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.5% |
Caroline County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Caroline County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 20 ||21st |
|Population Density ||# 20 ||21st |
|Median Household Income ||# 18 ||29th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 7 ||29th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 20 ||21st |
|Diversity Index ||# 12 ||54th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.