Cecil County MD Information
Cecil County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||104,584 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||103,212 (98.7%) |
|Population in Families ||86,082 (82.3%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||1,372 ( 1.3%) |
|Population Density ||302 |
|Diversity Index2 ||32 |
|Median Household Income ||$75,612 |
|Average Household Income ||$89,903 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$32,918 |
|Wealth Index5 || 95 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||43,455 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||28,505 (65.6%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||9,764 (22.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,186 (11.9%) |
|Median Home Value ||$262,513 |
|Average Home Value ||$300,456 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||153 |
|Total Households ||38,269 |
|Average Household Size ||2.7 |
|Family Households ||27,364 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.33% ||0.76% |
|Households ||0.36% ||0.78% |
|Families ||0.25% ||0.69% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.65% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.6% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.87% |
Cecil County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Cecil County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 14 ||46th |
|Population Density ||# 14 ||46th |
|Median Household Income ||# 13 ||50th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 18 ||75th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 16 ||38th |
|Diversity Index ||# 20 ||21st |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.