Charles County MD Information
Charles County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||167,640 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||166,235 (99.2%) |
|Population in Families ||142,664 (85.1%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||1,405 ( 0.8%) |
|Population Density ||366 |
|Diversity Index2 ||64 |
|Median Household Income ||$94,962 |
|Average Household Income ||$117,833 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$41,574 |
|Wealth Index5 ||146 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||63,961 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||46,020 (72.0%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||13,103 (20.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||4,838 ( 7.6%) |
|Median Home Value ||$319,246 |
|Average Home Value ||$344,450 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||155 |
|Total Households ||59,123 |
|Average Household Size ||2.81 |
|Family Households ||44,115 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||1.32% ||1.14% |
|Households ||1.41% ||1.2% |
|Families ||1.31% ||1.12% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.14% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.73% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.32% |
Charles County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Charles County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 10 ||63rd |
|Population Density ||# 11 ||58th |
|Median Household Income ||# 8 ||71st |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 19 ||79th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 9 ||67th |
|Diversity Index ||# 4 ||88th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.