Dorchester County MD Information
Dorchester County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||32,723 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||32,217 (98.5%) |
|Population in Families ||25,479 (77.9%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||506 ( 1.5%) |
|Population Density ||61 |
|Diversity Index2 ||57 |
|Median Household Income ||$52,619 |
|Average Household Income ||$68,669 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$28,136 |
|Wealth Index5 || 73 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||16,810 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||8,539 (50.8%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||4,857 (28.9%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||3,414 (20.3%) |
|Median Home Value ||$177,078 |
|Average Home Value ||$228,484 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||156 |
|Total Households ||13,396 |
|Average Household Size ||2.4 |
|Family Households ||8,686 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.03% ||-0.31% |
|Households ||-0.09% ||-0.38% |
|Families ||-0.23% ||-0.48% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.87% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.81% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.24% |
Dorchester County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Dorchester County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 21 ||17th |
|Population Density ||# 23 ||8th |
|Median Household Income ||# 20 ||21st |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 20 ||83rd |
|Per Capita Income ||# 21 ||17th |
|Diversity Index ||# 9 ||67th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.