Frederick County MD Information
Frederick County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||269,359 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||265,011 (98.4%) |
|Population in Families ||222,846 (82.7%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||4,348 ( 1.6%) |
|Population Density ||408 |
|Diversity Index2 ||52 |
|Median Household Income ||$98,389 |
|Average Household Income ||$122,439 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$44,712 |
|Wealth Index5 ||160 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||103,726 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||73,847 (71.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||24,207 (23.3%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,672 ( 5.5%) |
|Median Home Value ||$344,765 |
|Average Home Value ||$379,982 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||151 |
|Total Households ||98,054 |
|Average Household Size ||2.7 |
|Family Households ||69,918 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||1.41% ||1.24% |
|Households ||1.43% ||1.26% |
|Families ||1.31% ||1.18% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.94% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.71% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.37% |
Frederick County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Frederick County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 7 ||75th |
|Population Density ||# 9 ||67th |
|Median Household Income ||# 5 ||83rd |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 15 ||63rd |
|Per Capita Income ||# 6 ||79th |
|Diversity Index ||# 11 ||58th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.