Kent County MD Information
Kent County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||19,467 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||17,971 (92.3%) |
|Population in Families ||13,989 (71.9%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||1,496 ( 7.7%) |
|Population Density ||70 |
|Diversity Index2 ||41 |
|Median Household Income ||$58,816 |
|Average Household Income ||$91,582 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 19% |
|Per Capita Income ||$37,816 |
|Wealth Index5 ||126 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||10,549 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||5,292 (50.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||2,605 (24.7%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||2,652 (25.1%) |
|Median Home Value ||$267,172 |
|Average Home Value ||$371,315 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||117 |
|Total Households ||7,897 |
|Average Household Size ||2.28 |
|Family Households ||5,021 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.36% ||-0.65% |
|Households ||-0.33% ||-0.67% |
|Families ||-0.47% ||-0.78% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.47% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.45% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.54% |
Kent County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Kent County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 24 ||4th |
|Population Density ||# 22 ||13th |
|Median Household Income ||# 17 ||33rd |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 1 ||4th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 13 ||50th |
|Diversity Index ||# 17 ||33rd |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.