Somerset County MD Information
Somerset County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||26,766 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||21,458 (80.2%) |
|Population in Families ||16,287 (60.8%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||5,308 (19.8%) |
|Population Density ||84 |
|Diversity Index2 ||58 |
|Median Household Income ||$39,975 |
|Average Household Income ||$55,356 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 16% |
|Per Capita Income ||$20,413 |
|Wealth Index5 || 52 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||11,749 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||5,483 (46.7%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||3,551 (30.2%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||2,715 (23.1%) |
|Median Home Value ||$151,063 |
|Average Home Value ||$214,185 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||142 |
|Total Households ||9,034 |
|Average Household Size ||2.38 |
|Family Households ||5,541 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.11% ||0.19% |
|Households ||0.27% ||0.22% |
|Families ||0.11% ||0.11% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.8% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.39% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.37% |
Somerset County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Somerset County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 23 ||8th |
|Population Density ||# 21 ||17th |
|Median Household Income ||# 24 ||4th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 10 ||42nd |
|Per Capita Income ||# 24 ||4th |
|Diversity Index ||# 6 ||79th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.