St. Mary's County MD Information
St. Mary's County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||116,779 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||113,988 (97.6%) |
|Population in Families ||95,453 (81.7%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||2,791 ( 2.4%) |
|Population Density ||327 |
|Diversity Index2 ||46 |
|Median Household Income ||$98,149 |
|Average Household Income ||$114,093 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$40,912 |
|Wealth Index5 ||138 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||47,067 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||29,966 (63.7%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||11,857 (25.2%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,244 (11.1%) |
|Median Home Value ||$319,329 |
|Average Home Value ||$359,214 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||168 |
|Total Households ||41,823 |
|Average Household Size ||2.73 |
|Family Households ||29,761 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||1.03% ||0.89% |
|Households ||1.04% ||0.89% |
|Families ||0.92% ||0.81% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.86% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.69% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.02% |
St. Mary's County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares St. Mary's County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 12 ||54th |
|Population Density ||# 13 ||50th |
|Median Household Income ||# 6 ||79th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 24 ||100th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 12 ||54th |
|Diversity Index ||# 13 ||50th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.