Washington County MD Information
Washington County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||152,861 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||144,547 (94.6%) |
|Population in Families ||116,495 (76.2%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||8,314 ( 5.4%) |
|Population Density ||334 |
|Diversity Index2 ||42 |
|Median Household Income ||$60,576 |
|Average Household Income ||$81,198 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 16% |
|Per Capita Income ||$30,774 |
|Wealth Index5 || 86 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||63,121 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||37,454 (59.3%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||20,349 (32.2%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,318 ( 8.4%) |
|Median Home Value ||$229,577 |
|Average Home Value ||$269,808 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||142 |
|Total Households ||57,803 |
|Average Household Size ||2.5 |
|Family Households ||38,390 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.35% ||0.27% |
|Households ||0.36% ||0.28% |
|Families ||0.23% ||0.18% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.88% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.66% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.48% |
Washington County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Washington County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 11 ||58th |
|Population Density ||# 12 ||54th |
|Median Household Income ||# 16 ||38th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 9 ||38th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 18 ||29th |
|Diversity Index ||# 16 ||38th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.