Wicomico County MD Information
Wicomico County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||104,808 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||99,927 (95.3%) |
|Population in Families ||76,439 (72.9%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||4,881 ( 4.7%) |
|Population Density ||280 |
|Diversity Index2 ||57 |
|Median Household Income ||$55,649 |
|Average Household Income ||$73,305 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 14% |
|Per Capita Income ||$27,885 |
|Wealth Index5 || 73 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||43,366 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||21,162 (48.8%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||17,994 (41.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||4,210 ( 9.7%) |
|Median Home Value ||$190,953 |
|Average Home Value ||$233,207 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||156 |
|Total Households ||39,156 |
|Average Household Size ||2.55 |
|Family Households ||25,048 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.58% ||0.58% |
|Households ||0.5% ||0.56% |
|Families ||0.35% ||0.45% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.73% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.6% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.61% |
Wicomico County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Wicomico County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 13 ||50th |
|Population Density ||# 15 ||42nd |
|Median Household Income ||# 19 ||25th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 21 ||88th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 22 ||13th |
|Diversity Index ||# 8 ||71st |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.