Anne Arundel County MD Information
Anne Arundel County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||591,150 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||576,157 (97.5%) |
|Population in Families ||472,848 (80.0%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||14,993 ( 2.5%) |
|Population Density ||1,425 |
|Diversity Index2 ||56 |
|Median Household Income ||$100,192 |
|Average Household Income ||$130,805 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$48,235 |
|Wealth Index5 ||174 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||232,657 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||159,256 (68.5%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||58,113 (25.0%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||15,288 ( 6.6%) |
|Median Home Value ||$370,491 |
|Average Home Value ||$447,366 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||150 |
|Total Households ||217,369 |
|Average Household Size ||2.65 |
|Family Households ||149,879 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.93% ||0.81% |
|Households ||0.85% ||0.77% |
|Families ||0.72% ||0.68% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.82% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.65% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.85% |
Anne Arundel County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Anne Arundel County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 5 ||83rd |
|Population Density ||# 4 ||88th |
|Median Household Income ||# 4 ||88th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 14 ||58th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 4 ||88th |
|Diversity Index ||# 10 ||63rd |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.