Prince George's County MD Information
Prince George's County MD Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||904,929 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||884,920 (97.8%) |
|Population in Families ||701,684 (77.5%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||20,009 ( 2.2%) |
|Population Density ||1,875 |
|Diversity Index2 ||72 |
|Median Household Income ||$83,429 |
|Average Household Income ||$107,462 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 16% |
|Per Capita Income ||$37,689 |
|Wealth Index5 ||125 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||343,454 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||198,386 (57.8%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||118,370 (34.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||26,698 ( 7.8%) |
|Median Home Value ||$311,017 |
|Average Home Value ||$338,648 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||137 |
|Total Households ||316,756 |
|Average Household Size ||2.79 |
|Family Households ||209,044 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.46% ||0.55% |
|Households ||0.4% ||0.52% |
|Families ||0.26% ||0.42% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.0% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.67% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.65% |
Prince George's County MD - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Prince George's County to the other 24 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Maryland by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 2 ||96th |
|Population Density ||# 3 ||92nd |
|Median Household Income ||# 11 ||58th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 6 ||25th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 14 ||46th |
|Diversity Index ||# 2 ||96th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Maryland Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Maryland COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.